Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do we start our team's private area?
If you're a MASSA team, it's already set up and waiting for you. What you need to do is get somebody on your team that's willing to be the "manager" and then either (a) reach out directly to MASSA, or (b) use the "Contact Us" button at the top right of the page and get in touch with the web master. In either case, we will set you up as "manager" so you can then invite in others or approve members asking to join.
2. How does one find and join the community area for a team?
If you're a MASSA team, your private area has already been created. You can find it by searching in the search box in the upper right of each page. Or, you can go to your "League" area and find it under the "Teams" sub-tab. Once you find your team area, you need to ask and be approved for membership.
3. What capabilities do the private team areas have?
They allow each team private access to a calendar, photos, videos, and documents. They also support broadcast and push e-mail to members and a feature called "activity streams". Activity streams are incredibly useful as they allow members to easily follow and communicate with one another, not unlike Facebook and Twitter, but accessed only by the team, parents, coaches or whomever else is let in.
4. How is the mobile app useful
The iPhone and iPad app allow access to much of the same information found at the web site including photos, videos, activity stream, and your members. But they also make it very easy to take and upload pictures to personal or team spaces and to communicate with your sailing friends. Keeps you in the loop when away from your computer.
5. If we're not part of MASSA, can our team have a private area and access it via the moble app?
Yes. Simply reach out to us via the "Contact Us" button and provide the following information:
- Name of the team (keep it short)
- Address (only need City and State)
- A short description (150 characters or less) of your team -- which you can edit later
- A registered user whom we will make the initial "manager"
We'll set it up, invite in the initial manager, and send you getting started directions. The manager can then invite in others on your team. The mobile app will automatically work with your private area and no setup is required.